Progressive Knitting III
Taught by Trish Habegger
Dates: Saturdays, April 22 and 29
Time: 1 to 3 p.m.
Cost: $40 (10% discount on yarn for this project)
Supplies: appropriate for the project you choose-
Gothic Lace Cowl (The sample project is made Madeline Tosh Vintage)
- Approximately 200 yards of worsted weight yarn. A smooth, solid color will show stitch patterns best.
US size 8 needles (or size for correct gauge)
- Gauge is 18 stitches and 24 rows are 4” in stockinette stitch.
- Tapestry needle
- 8 buttons
Traveling Cable Hat (Any worsted weight wool )
- 109-218 yards of worsted weight yarn. (Amount depends on size of hat/pattern is for baby or adult.) A smooth, solid color will show stitch pattern best.
Size 5 and 6 circular needles, 12-16” cable (or size for correct gauge)
- 5 stitches and 4 rows = 1 inch in cable stitch pattern
- Size 6 double point needles (or same size as larger circulars)
- Cable needle
Skill level: students must be able to cast on, knit, purl, read a pattern and make a gauge swatch. If you are making the hat, you should have experience knitting in the round and working with double point needles
Pre-Work: Make a gauge swatch in your chosen yarn. If you are making the hat, do your gauge swatch in stockinette stitch, leaving this sample attached to ball.
If you’ve been longing to add texture to your work, this is the class for you! Learn to create lace or cables and open new worlds in knitting.